Here is the video guide:
–Official CWM site
By XDA member mskip
How to Install ClockworkMod Touch:
1. Download the attached tar file at the bottom of this post. DO NOT EXTRACT THIS FILE! If you end up with a recovery.img file then smack yourself and start again.
2. Download Odin (windows only) at the bottom if you don’t already have it and unzip it to a folder on your PC
3. Reboot into Download Mode: Power off your device, Hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME DOWN’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 2 seconds until a WARNING! Screen appears. Press the ‘VOLUME UP’ button to enter Download Mode.
4. Plug your usb cable in
5. Start Odin (double click Odin3_v3.04.exe).
NOTE: When Odin opens you should see that the first box at the top under ID:COM should turn blue and ‘Added’ should appear in the message box in Odin.
6. Make sure ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F.Reset Time’ are ticked in Odin and nothing else.
7. Click on the ‘PDA’ button in Odin and browse to the recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-i9300.tar file that you downloaded.
8. Click on ‘Start’ to flash CWM to your phone.
NOTE: You can see whats happening in the message box in Odin. When the flash completes you should see ‘PASS’ in the top left the box will turn green and your phone will reboot.
9. You now have CWM Touch Recovery permanently flashed
How to Access ClockworkMod Touch
1. Unplug the USB cable.
2. Shut down the phone.
3. Hold down the ‘HOME’ + ‘VOLUME UP’ buttons and press the ‘POWER’ button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.
Hope this helped you!
Will this trigger the yellow triangle ? and how do i uninstall it, if it is needed ?
And the last will this break my warranty ?
To uninstall, flash a stock rom.
This will in theory break your warranty…but getting back your warranty is super easy, if you follow my guide ;)!
Thank you. But what about the Yellow Triangle, will it show?
do you think i can root my s3, by flashing cwm with your guide and then you this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1746794 by using method 1?
You do realise you’re looking at a SGS2 guide, and asking me for a S3?
Just follow my guides, and stick to S3 guides ONLY.
after following your steps, when i unplug the cable, shut down the phone, then i HOLD the VOLUME DOWN, POWER BUTTON, and HOME KEY BUTTON.
it won’t work. why? i still dont have the clockworkMOD touch recovery.please comply… i need it badly. -_-
VOL UP is for recovery
VOL DOWN is for download mode 😀
Great video demo – I followed it (and others) and when I test to see the recovery screen, I get what looks like a factory recovery – it does not say Clockwork Touch anywhere on the screen AND it certainly doesn’t let me use touch to do it.
Yes, Odin gave me a big fat Green PASS when I flashed it.
You sure you gone into recovery after, and flashed it correctly via PDA?
where are the files man???